Friday, August 24, 2007

Whew! All the King's horses...are in my kitchen...

I don't really know what the title for this post is supposed to mean...other than it has the distinct feeling of being a bit scatter-brained...which is exactly what I'm going for with this one.

Whew...it's been a while since my last post. Let's review what's been going on in my life: the Fall semester at John Brown University started, which means I'm knee deep in graduate reading material; I've taken on a contract writing project in addition to my current full-time job as a Technical Writer for a software company; my son started 3rd grade at a new school - goodness I'm old; my brother (39 years old, he is...) had his first child - a baby boy 6 lbs. 5 ounces - lemme' tell ya', that was a blessing because that little boy has been a long time coming on one helluva' bumpy rode; and I am just about a month and a half away from my 30th birthday (told you I'm old). I say again...Whew...

And to top it all off, the Cardinals are giving me an ulcer...sheesh. I leave you with this quote regarding the playoffs...I think it is appropriate here in this emotional, white-knuckle regular season as well:

"The trouble with the playoffs is, as exhilarating as it is to get there, once there you actually have to watch the games. And when you lose, it feels you will never win again, and when you win, you are only relieved you did not lose." -- Author Unknown

How true...how true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home