Monday, March 17, 2008

2nd Crack...

Okay...here's my second crack at predicting the Cardinals' Opening Day lineup. If you're looking for that nice photo treatment I usually include (you know - the one with each player's mug shot in their respective batting order)...I'm done with that...at least for now. This Spring has been much too competitive for that...and I just don't have the patience for it.


So, without further delay, here are your 2008 Opening Day St. Louis Cardinals:

1. RF Brian Barton
2. CF Rick Ankiel
3. 1B Albert Pujols
4. 3B Troy Glaus
5. LF Ryan Ludwick
6. 2B Adam Kennedy
7. C Yadier Molina
8. P Adam Wainwright
9. SS Brendan Ryan

Yes, I'm still a believer in Brendan Ryan as the Opening Day SS...but not because I think he'll keep the job. I think TLR would love to have a heavily right-handed lineup against the lefty, Jeff Francis on Opening Day. One of two Left-handed hitters in the lineup - Ank the Tank - has proven he handles lefties as well as righties...so no worries. Kennedy - the only other lefty - is most likely going to be in the lineup to preserve Aaron Miles' versatility off the bench. Starting Miles limits TLR's options significantly (switch-hitting PH, guy who can play SS and 2B, etc.).

So, there you have it...we'll see what we can see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home